MISSION: The mission of Sones de México Ensemble is to promote greater appreciation of Mexican folk and traditional music and culture through innovative performance, education, and dissemination.
VISION: We aspire to be the pre-eminent Mexican folk and traditional music and culture organization in the U.S. through our reliance in the following core values.
CORE VALUES: In all of our operations, we (Sones de México Ensemble) are committed to
- 1. Having the highest levels of excellence and professionalism in everything we do.
- 2. Remaining true and knowledgeable of the traditions we represent.
- 3. Creating engaging experiences for the public and deliver extraordinary entertainment and learning experiences.
- 4. Being innovative with our sound and music.
- 5. Inspiring others to explore their heritage.
- 6. Educating people about the wealth and depth of Mexican folk music culture.
- 7. Being accessible, welcoming and encouraging of anyone who wants to learn more about Mexican folk music and culture.
- 8. Being a haven to other musicians who share our values and engage in mutually beneficial social collaborations.
- 9. Establishing Mexican son as a standard of the American music vocabulary.
- 10. Being a sustainable and fiscally responsible operation.
Sones de México Ensemble educates, researches, preserves, arranges, presents, performs, and disseminates Mexican folk and traditional music and dance to children and adults of all nationalities, physical abilities, and cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
Sones de México Ensemble is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote a greater appreciation of Mexican traditional music through world-class performance and education programs.
You can support the mission of Sones de México Ensemble with your donation. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.